Pages

Pageviews

Thursday, December 27, 2012

What They Were Thinking



Interview + Picture by Angela Cappetta




What They Were Thinking is an homage to the now defunct NY Times Magazine "What Were They Thinking" column, featuring a photograph and an interview with the subject. Below, you'll see an interview with Molly McSherry, whom I photographed while she was a trainee at the Joffrey Ballet in NYC.




"I was a senior in high school when this picture was taken…It was my first year on my own in the city. Coming from a small town, I'd never been exposed to the styles of dancing I was being thrown into at Joffrey--to be honest, this was probably one of the first times I was moving through the floor and working with the horizontal plane. I'm not sure I even knew I had the option to lie down. Everything was vertical before I came to New York, but nothing's been the same since I got here."





Post a Comment