Pages

Pageviews

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Prom Night NYC

 Words + Pictures by Angela Cappetta



In some homes, Prom is a family affair.  Families attend a reception together known as "pre-prom" before the teen celebrants depart for the event space to have their one, their only, prom night.

Mia is my hero.  She's endured things that many adults don't understand.  She's a survivor.   She is also a high school senior in NYC, and she has an idea about what Prom means to her.

As Mia so eloquently states:  "Prom isn't the fairy tale I was expecting. But it was a fairytale not like the ones from the movies but my own one, with a perfect date and my best friends. So it was perfect. "

To quote Mia's sister, Ariana:  "She was the most beautiful girl in all of NYC."

And with this my heart completely melts.

Post a Comment